Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Time in Appalachia

First - my lawn, un-mowed in the year 2011, shameful - for springtime has most certainly sprung here in the  mountains of Western Maryland. (no pictures, it is truly shameful)

Meanstwhile, within the trappings of human civility - my home, in the upper relm thereof, seated, hunched, hands held in the causual position of one that has pushed many keys over the years - another beginning.
  Washington DC, a hundred miles from the current castle has bloomed and those blooms have gone - in a swirl when they do, like snow. I grew up going to the blossoms, many times with my parents  - my mother was the one that really enjoyed the time, I remember her sitting with the blossoms swirlinig around, for a long time watching out over the tidal basin and breathing the mix of frangrances, as the basin aquatic scents rise this time of year also, she truly enjoyed the event.

No comments: